CHARITIES AND FOUNDATIONS
Many of our retailers partner with charities, or even have their own foundations, to make a difference in the lives of people, animals and the planet, both here in Australia and around the world.
Here is a small selection of our retailers and the wonderful causes they support:
Priceline Pharmacy is not only a fantastic place to stock up on all your health and beauty favourites, but you can drop off your spare change to make a big difference!
Priceline recognises that we all know someone touched by a serious illness, and its Sisterhood Foundation supports five different charities to achieve their goals.
So far the Priceline Sisterhood Foundation has raised $3 million and donated 100% of the proceeds raised to its charity partners.
Focussing on women’s and children’s health charities, the Priceline Sisterhood Foundation has partnered with Look Good Feel Better, PANDA (Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia), Children First, Hear to Listen and Alzheimer’s Australia.
How can I get involved?
You can donate in any Priceline store
by dropping your spare change in the love-heart shaped donation box at the register, or by donating online on the Priceline website
Well, here’s a unique way to support a fantastic charity! Optus has partnered with children’s education charity The Smith Family for their ‘Donate Your Data’ program to help provide disadvantaged children who can’t afford internet access.
Optus state that their mission is to connect disadvantaged young people to their potential through digital technologies and innovative programs.
Optus customers on their Prepaid Ultimate Plan can simply text to donate their leftover data or a set amount, and Optus will match it in a donation for The Smith Family to distribute to those children who can’t afford access to the internet.
Optus also support a number of community programs including:
- Digital Thumbprint – A digital education program that teaches students how to have a positive online presence and stay cyber safe.
- Mobile Student2Student – A project in collaboration with The Smith Family, mobile student2student aims at helping disadvantaged kids in Years 3 – 8 improve their reading levels over mobile phone, with the help of a reading buddy. In 2014, the program reached 500 reading pairs, with 94% of students improving their literacy levels.
- Kid's Helpline at School Digital - The Kids Helpline @ School (KAS) digital program was developed to help make cyberspace a better place for primary age students and aims to build resilience, coping strategies and digital knowledge about topics such as respectful relationships online, cyberbullying and the positive use of technology.
- Clever Buoy – This non-invasive shark deterrent technology is the world’s first smart ocean buoy to detect sharks by measuring their unique sonar return, sending real-time alerts to lifeguards via the Optus network and in partnership with SAMS.
- Yes4good – The Optus one-stop shop for its people to find volunteer opportunities and donate to over 250 charities via workplace giving.
To find out about these community initiatives and more, check out the Optus website
and don’t forget to pop into our Optus store!
Muffin Break has partnered with the Make A Wish Foundation to help grant wishes to seriously ill children and teenagers. By collecting funds in donation boxes on its counters, Muffin Break has helped raise over $400,000 for Make-A-Wish so far, and is on track to meet its $500,000 donation goal. Next time you’ve got some spare change, drop it into their donation box and help them grant even more wishes!
Learn more on the Muffin Break website
or stop by our Muffin Break store
to donate your spare change.
Coles Supermarkets partners with numerous local and international charities to raise funds and awareness for important causes. Last year, Coles contributed $43.9 million (plus an additional $7.9 million contributed by customers, team members and suppliers).
Some of the charities that Coles supports include:
- Redkite – National cancer charity giving children and young people with cancer essential support, delivering them financial assistance, counselling, and scholarships. So far Coles has raised over $20 million over 3 years. Just look out for the specially marked Coles Brand bread and Coles High Top Bread, which donates five cents from the sale of every loaf.
- Bravery Trust – Supporting current and former members of the Australian Defence Force who have suffered hardship as a result of their surface. Coles has made a corporate donation of $1 million and has donated funds from sales of Coles Brand Spring Water.
- Red Dust – Working with remote Indigenous communities across the Northern Territory to deliver ‘Healthy Living’ programs to encourage youths to live healthier lifestyles.
- Guide Dogs Australia – the iconic Collection Dogs at Coles stores have been raising money for people who are blind or have low vision since 1982. Donate your loose change next time you see a Collection Dog at Coles and help to raise, train and support Guide Dogs across Australia.
- Cancer Council – Coles Express is Cancer Council’s primary partner for Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea and Daffodil Day, and has raised more than $800,000 since 2016 for these campaigns.
- An official partner of Daffodil Day for more than 20 years, Coles has raised more than $21.9 million for cancer research, education and support for newly diagnosed patients and people living with cancer.
Visit the Coles
website or check out our Coles store
for more information.
Woolworths supermarkets partners with various charities both locally and nationally to help provide support and raise awareness for people in need. Some of the charity partners include:
- Variety – Woolworths has partnered with children’s charity Variety since 2013, which helps children with financial support for things like wheelchairs, specialist equipment and medical supplies.The fundraising focus for Woolworths is on Variety’s mobility program – providing equipment like modified family vehicles and school coaches to children, families and schools, enabling them to more easily participate in their local communities.
- Salvation Army S.T.A.N.D program (Support Through Australian Natural Disasters) – Woolworths partners with the S.T.A.N.D program to raise funds for communities affected by natural disasters. Fund raising through corporate donations, customer donations and sales of specially marked bottled water contribute towards helping communities with disaster response, recovery and resilience.
Drop in to our Woolworths store or check out the Woolies website
Learn more about ways to shop sustainably and ethically here.